- This event has passed.
Benchmarking 3 – 9 May 2020, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of 1-9 grades (6+-15 yrs).
May 3, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 9, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Original benchmarking courses in schools of Finland and/or Estonia, top performers of European school education, are Erasmus+ KA1 courses with top content, organised by Euneos, the Finnish course provider. Observe lessons, interact with colleagues of your own school level, and contribute to discussion with a ‘success story’ of your own school. Courses include expert presentations and workshops on how to promote European development.
Practical information for the Participants: HERE
Choose the Benchmarking course that suits you best. There is a combination of courses available, 4 days in Finland and/or 3 days in Estonia.
- General Benchmarking course, for teachers and management of primary and secondary schools, adult education.
- Benchmarking for headteachers
- Teachers / management of primary and secondary schools
- Staff of institutions involved in school education
About 700 principals and teachers from all over Europe study school life in Finland and Estonia since 2014 when Euneos initiated Erasmus+ benchmarking courses. They compare school education systems in the target countries and Europe, and learn about the best practices of European schools from experts and colleagues. Many schools send both a principal and teachers. Most participants have assessed the courses very good or good.
Main topics of the general Benchmarking course
1. Innovation. School development plans, curriculum reform, 21st century skills.
2. Transition from non-digital to digital. Digital tests of Finnish matriculation exam (upper secondary).
3. Student in the center. 3-level support system, special needs, home and school.
4. Teacher in focus. Digital apprenticeship, coaching, teacher/student agents.
5. Management. Local examples.
6. (Tallinn) European development in Estonian schools, the most digitalized country, PISA and other international research.
Methodology of the courses
– Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
– Observation. Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually.
– Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic in group and plenary sessions.
– Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Learning diary, social media updates, blogs.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in the cafeteria of the venue.
Main organiser / trainer