- This event has passed.
Kids Code -Computational thinking in primary schools
September 26, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - October 2, 2021 @ 1:00 pm
Practical, hands-on course for primary school class teachers interested in teaching playful coding, robotics and algorithmic thinking to their students.
- Teachers working in primary school (class teachers, math & science teachers)
The course is focusing on teaching computational thinking in primary schools on attractive, playful and inclusive manner. It is recommended that each participant will bring their own smart phone or tablet computer, but it is not compulsory requirement. The course has been inspired by two recent ErasmusPlus projects that involved University of Rijeka:
- GLAT: Games for Algorithmic Thinking, https://glat.uniri.hr
- C4G: Coding for Girls, https://www.coding4girls.eu
Main topics of this course
- Methodology for teaching and assessment of computational thinking in primary school
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for teaching Computational Thinking in different countries,
- Responsible and safe use of digital devices in classroom
- Creating interactive learning resources on Computational Thinking for classroom use and deliver them to students
- Designing, planning and composing pedagogical scenarios for teaching Computational Thinking
- Engaging girls in learning coding
- Gamified teaching of Computational Thinking in primary school
Methodology of the course
- Lectures and group discussions. Presenting up-to-date knowledge, concepts, methodologies and examples from different countries
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic, learn from each other.
- Collaborative workshops. Working in groups on a learing scenario, lesson plan or other learning resource to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. VisitEDUestonia will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants. IMPORTANT: Lunches and Dinners are not included in the course fee.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday around 13:00 (7 days).
- Course fee including tuition and materials: 650 euros
Main trainer: Mart Laanpere