- This event has passed.
Game-Based learning and Gamification
March 20, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - March 26, 2022 @ 3:00 pm
The practice-based course will offer techniques and tools to introduce game-based learning and gamification in your lessons.
- Teachers of primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools.
- Adult education teachers.
- Teachers of special needs .
- Teacher trainers.
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors.
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering adult education or vocational education.
Each participant needs to bring his own tablet and/or laptop. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
Main topics of practice-based course on game-based learning and gamification
- Usability and accessibility of the game based methods
- Advantages and disadvantages game based usages in educational processes
- A range wide of games that can be used covering different content and activities to support learning and communication
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for using game based tools and methods of games & gamification in education in different countries
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning
- Group sharing sessions to enable applying the social games in their classroom settings
- Designing, planning and writing sample units of lesson plans that deploy the game based methods & gamification approaches
- Know how to use the different features of game based learning & gamification in education
- Know how to choose Serious games for school education
- Learn how to use game based for iPad, Android, and other mobile devices in learning.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a paragraph to the development plan of one’s own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. VisitEDUestonia will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants. IMPORTANT: Lunches and Dinners are not included in the course fee.
- An initial programme of Game-Based Learning course. The final programme will be published several weeks before the course.
- Practical information about the course
- Practical information about Tallinn
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday around 13:00 (7 days).
- Course fee including tuition and materials: 650 euros
Main trainer: Martin Sillaots