- This event has passed.
October 11, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - October 17, 2020 @ 1:00 pm
Digital STEAM. Teaching integrated science, arts and mathematics with digital devices.
- Teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs)
- For users of tablets and other digital devices. At this moment there are more educational apps for iPad and Android, but it doesn’t matter that much because the course focuses on didactical use of all digital devices in class.
The courses are focusing on pedagogical use of digital devices in schools. Each participant needs to bring his own mobile device and we expect that each participant has basic knowledge of using his device before the course. We don’t provide neither desktops nor mobile devices.
Main topics of this course
1. Apps covering different content and activities to support learning, communication and self-assessment (collaborative writing, digital photography, video, audio usability, presentation apps, assessment, evaluation, gamefication, etc.)
2. Best practice approaches and practical examples for using iPads and other tablets, or other mobile devices in lessons and education in general in different countries,
3. Responsible and safe use of digital devices and new media
4. Creating interactive materials for classroom use and deliver them to students
5. Identifying and reviewing practical tablet and other digital applications for educators, news and media applications useful for educators and their students (creating text, video clips, podcasts, presentations, screencasting, images, pdf files, e-books, mind and concept maps, maps etc.)
6. Designing, planning and writing sample units of work or lesson plans that deploy the iPad and other tablets, or other digital devices
7. Integrate strategies and digital technologies effectively into a curriculum
8. Utilise different mobile devices in connection with TV and other display devices
Methodology of the course
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. VisitEDUestonia will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants. IMPORTANT: Lunches and Dinners are not included in the course fee.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday around 13:00 (7 days).
- Course fee including tuition and materials: 650 euros
Main trainer: Mart Laanpere