For those who are not able to come to Finland or Estonia, we can organize short training programs around the world. With our scalable approach we can train up to 180 people during one week. Read from our blog what the trainer Leena Heinilä tells about her experiences in Gibraltar.
Would you like to explore the secrets of Estonian learning culture – share the tricks and key features of basic education and child-centered learning in Estonia?
- The workshop introduces you to the Estonan collaborative learning culture, its ethos and practice
- You get acquainted with Estonian child- centred learning culture and how it translates positively into the classroom
- You will learn about collaborative teaching and learning as well as progressive self- and peer-assessment
- Extra emphasis is on reflective and researching pedagogical thinking as a teacher
The training is aimed at local administration, school personnel, teacher training units, parents and other school related stakeholders. To get the most out of the training, it is recommended to include participants from all these categories. The workshop is always customized according to your actual needs. The time frame can be however long as you choose, but one week is the most common choice, including some basic lectures, workshops and sharing among the participants.
- The training is based on the Estonian national curriculum
- The methods used will be empowering and creative
- Includes engaging study projects that will strengthen the participants’ professional skills
- The pedagogical approach is in the student-centered interactive and inspiring learning sessions.
- Participants are encouraged to take an active role and work collaboratively
- A strong emphasis will be put on transversal competences such as thinking and learning-to-learn, cultural competence, interaction and expression skills, managing daily life and taking care of oneself, interaction and self-expression, multiliteracy and ICT competence, working life competence and entrepreneurship as well as participation, involvement and building a sustainable future.
EXAMPLE PROGRAM FOR A FIVE-DAY TRAINING:
Day 1 Introduction: Key features of Estonian education system (no limit for group size)
- Local, regional, national, international cultural features in education, brief history of Estonian education, educational traditions to be shared
- Basic principles / key factors of Estonian early learning and basic education
- The concept of learning environment, learning space, collaboration and learning and sharing together
Important: Possibility for meetings with local decision makers, journalists, etc.
Day 2-4 Workshops: Select the themes of your interest (max. group size 30 people)
- Acquaintance with curricular issues and needs
- Assessment; formative, summative, informative, self-assessment
- Daily management; timetables, subjects, phenomenal learning, class management, social skills, anti-bullying, homework, flipped learning
- Motivated students – how to build up a high-quality learning process?
- Enhancing student participation, increasing the meaningfulness of the studies, promoting each student’s experience of success
- Student welfare, overall well-being foundation for well learning
- Reflective teachers, personal growth, the principles of lifelong learning
- Sharing and learning together, peer-working and sharing
- Researching teachers, sources and material for further studies
Day 5 Wrap-up day (max. group size 30 people)
- Wrap-up: what we have learned
- Reflection: themes of workshops and the local reality
- Making action plans: What we can do to improve the learning results
Sharing with peers and if possibly, with different stakeholders
VisitEDUestonia has a wide network of education professionals that have been lecturing and having workshops for our events and visit program participants. Most of them are also interested in training outside Estonia, mostly in Finland. Visit our website to learn more about some of them: contact us
Read what local teachers and authorities say about the training program she conducted with VisitEDU: VOX Gibraltar News
PRICE FOR A FIVE-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM: 9500€
- planning the content for the training together with our expert
- training in your country
- expert’s availability 8 hours/day, during five days
Does not include:
- local accommodation
- local transportation